Donnie Timmons wrote:
> If I set pwmgen.0.scale to 1 as soon as the amps enable I get a following
> error. Set it to 5.5  and ever thing seam to work except homing it faults out
> with a following error as soon as it try to make the final move. The only way
> that I have got homing to work is to set MAX_VELOCITY to 1 when it should be
> 4.16667 witch gives me 250 IPM.

Hi Donnie.

First of all, are you using the software pwmgen component or the
hostmot2 pwmgen?  In either case, only one of the documentation sources
you listed is relevant, and using the wrong one will cause nothing but
confusion.

Second, it's great that with scale = 5.5, it can move in a somewhat
controlled manner.  That probably means you're very close to having a
working machine.  Cheers!

Most likely the source of your following error is a tuning problem with
your servos.  I recommend you use HAL and halscope (rather than the full
emc2) to try to tune the axes, one by one.  Tuning servos is a bit of a
black art, I'm afraid, and the pwmgen scale is just one of the knobs you
have to get set correctly.

Here are a couple of links to get you started:

<http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Tuning_EMC2/HAL_PID_Loops>

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_tuning>

<http://www.anderswallin.net/2008/04/x-axis-test/>

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
Why do we even pretend to have nations these days?  -- Bruce Sterling