Marko Bukovinsky wrote:
> What is the maximum counts / second Pluto - P can accept?
>
> I need 20000 counts/ rev so , can i use encoder with 5000 pulses ?
>
> Machine will have max 15m/min rapid move. motor 1500 rpm and 20000
> counts ( x 4 ) will pruduce 500000 pulses/ second. Is this acceptable

Since Jeff Eppler recommended my boards, I want to point out that the
300,000 count/second limit on my boards is a VERY conservative spec.
The encoder counter is clocked at 1 MHz, so that if there is not a lot
of jitter and noise, it can count easily at 500,000 counts/second.
Where it becomes a problem is if the encoder signal contains a lot of
noise and timing jitter.  I can up the clock rate to the encoder counter
to raise this limit if needed.  Firmware is an 8-pin DIP plug-in, so
field updates are quite possible.

I don't want to disparage anyone else's products, but we have gone to
great lengths to make our boards work with the variety of parallel port
chips used on various motherboards.

Jon