John Stevenson wrote:
> New beginner here just getting my head round the capabilities of EMC2
> and would like to ask a few question on the operation.
>
> Just taking the limit switches on one axis, say X for arguments sake,
> we have two switched wired in series, done this way so as to only use
> 3 inputs per machine.
> If the table is traveling towards X+ switch and hits it - what ?
>
> [a] What does the screen / command line say.?
> [b] Will it deny you the opportunity to jog further onto the limit
> switch ?

It says roughly "+/- limit exceeded on axis 0".  With only one input for
both limits, it can't allow you to move one way and not the other.
If you had 2 inputs so it could tell + limit from - limit, it could
allow you to only move the right way.  You have to hit a limit override
button to allow you to back off the limit switch.

Jon