Ian W. Wright wrote:

>Steve Stallings wrote:
>"OK, it is working well, now could we have the sign in
>on the main page give a clue to uninformed visitors
>as to why they might want to register and sign in?"
>
>More particularly - why would anyone want to give out such
>detailed information on an unsecure registration page with
>no guarantees as to how the information might be used in the
>future? I used to be shown on the old map from way back but
>I see that I am not on the new one - however, I never will
>be if I am required to register and broadcast my exact
>property location to the world.

I understand the sentiment here, but I think there are a couple of
misconceptions.

1) it is not required that you enter your address at all
2) if you choose to enter it, you may be as non-specific as you like.
For instance, you can enter "Sheffield, UK" as your address, and the pin
should go to the "center of town".  Alternatively, you can enter a
latitude/longitude location, if you want to put the pin somewhere else.

- Steve