Trying to make my EPP communication work today, works OK on builtin 0x378
but not on an EPP/ECP PCI card.
That PCI card is OK with hal_parport (using SPP only at 0xBC00) so I started
educating myself.

Looking at probe_parport and trying to find out what it does, I put in some
rtapi_print( at various places.
The central function parport_pc_pnp_probe() seems not to ever execute. Maybe
rtapi_print does not work in there so I put a "while(1);" in the beginning
of parport_pc_pnp_probe but that did not have any effect either!
I see my other printouts in dmesg so I am sure I have replaced
probe_parport.ko and have it executed.

The original thought was to make probe_parport tell me what ports it has
found.

Grateful for any ideas or pointers!

Environment is 2.3.0beta2 on Hardy.