On 17 Apr 2009 at 12:13, John Pfleger wrote:

> I have several python scripts to generate G-Code that I use
> frequently.
> It would be nice if we could have a widget that would do the
> equivalent of opening a script.
>
> The easiest would be similar to the button except instead of
> connecting to a halpin, it would open a predefined script.
>
> <script>
>                 <text></text>
>                 <file></file>
>                 <path></path>
> </script>
>
> As a nicety, being able to put a graphic inside the button instead
> of text and define button size.
> Any of the AXIS programmers able to take this on?
>
> Thanks
> John

I've asked for this in the past now that there are two John's asking...

I know this will save mouse clicks if someone can figure out how to do it.
Basicly it would have to mimic the File/Open dialog I guess.

I'm wondering out loud if you could use M100 and MDI to run a script
if it would be the same as opening a file in AXIS. I might try that out...

John