On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Ádám Novák <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We work with laser cutting and engraving machines, however we have not
> tried
> them using EMC as it would need a long conversion job. We have other
> milling
> machines run with EMC and they all work very well.
>
> We have a new router though onto which a laser tube should be put and the
> machine could be tested (this time EMC will be used). We have found CO2
> laser tubes around the web but they are either very expensive (not chinese)
> or really low-cost (chinese) that I personally would not trust too much.
>
> Could you guys, please share with me where you have purchased the laser
> tubes and accessories?
>

I have a used CO2 RF laser. This comes from a laser dot matrix
printer<http://www.logismarket.co.uk/domino/laser-dot-matrix-printer/867767609-860518170-p.html>.
I have no idea about the quality. This is a huge improvement over the DVD
laserdiodes I was experimenting with. I don't know if the laser is powerfull
enough though. So, if I discover that it almost works but just doesn't cut
it, I might consider upgrading to a serious laser. But I need a focussing
lens first and an extra powersupply. I am using my steppermotor powersupply
at the moment.But when my mill is repaired again I need the PSU for the
mill. For starters I want to attach the laser to the mill, so I need another
PSU.

Dirk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay on top of everything new and different, both inside and 
around Java (TM) technology - register by April 22, and save
$200 on the JavaOne (SM) conference, June 2-5, 2009, San Francisco.
300 plus technical and hands-on sessions. Register today. 
Use priority code J9JMT32. http://p.sf.net/sfu/p
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to