On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Kim Mortensen <[email protected]> wrote:

> also interrested in laser cutting, is this affordable to purchase, and what
> are the options for this (laser diodes, CO2 etc etc.).
>

AFAIK, CO2 lasers are the way to go for cutting. I found this
engraver<http://www.tinet.org/%7Esje/cnc/laser_eng.htm>on the EMC2
wiki. Then I started looking for such a powerful laserdiode. But
I couldn't find any cheap ones. What I did find was the CO2 laser that I
have right now.

>
> Im looking for some that should be able to cut gaskets from cardboard.
>
> I have looked at google, and found some gas tubes, but do I relay have to
> go
> that path, is there no high power solid state Lasers available?
>

I don't know what the best option is. I think laserdiodes are the easiest.
But, I am only starting with this stuff, I don't have a lot of experience
yet.

Dirk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay on top of everything new and different, both inside and 
around Java (TM) technology - register by April 22, and save
$200 on the JavaOne (SM) conference, June 2-5, 2009, San Francisco.
300 plus technical and hands-on sessions. Register today. 
Use priority code J9JMT32. http://p.sf.net/sfu/p
_______________________________________________
Emc-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-users

Reply via email to