Rainer Schmidt wrote:
> Dumb question.... I have not found an explanation so I decided to out
> myself als noob here...
>
> Once in a blue moon I am having that 'unexpected realtime error
> blablabla' and cant pin point it. I ran the diagnostics for two days
> with and without SMI and once in a while it still rears it's ugly
> head. Once in a while means every other day. Maybe... All runs smooth
> and pretty. The steppers are performing flawless...

When it happens, open a terminal window and type :
dmesg

near the bottom, you will see more complete info, most especially there
will be lines that read roughly

The last several times the runtime was xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx
this time it was yyyy

Compare the xxxx's to the yyyy.  If yyyy is vastly greater than xxxx,
then you do have a problem.
For instance, if xxxx numbers are running around 25000 and yyyy is
17000000, this is an enormous extra delay.
 From 25 microseconds to 17 MILLIseconds.  I have seen this on one of my
test machines that is not used to run an actual machine.
I think it is due to an extra network card, and it is somewhat rare, and
diesn't interfere with motor and drive testing.

Jon