On Friday 01 May 2009, Rainer Schmidt wrote:
>So it is a matter of 'rhythm' not being correct rather than a matter
>of 'steps/pulses or event's' LOST and thus problems ahead.
>I will ignore it as it is a very rare problem.
>
>Funny you mention the Network Card. I unplugged the machine from the
>network and since 4 days nothing has happened...
>I use a USB mem stick to carry data. The more the crappy Dell is left
>alone the better the behavior becomes. Bad Hardware Design...
>
>Thanks!
>Rainer

Rainer; Don't, under any conditions, leave that usb stick plugged in when
trying to run emc.  The usb subsystem has to scan storage devices regularly,
and that will hog the system and trash parts.

Unmount it, and Unplug it as soon as the data has been moved.  Voice of
experience here and I'd forgotten that little detail. :( Can I blame it on
CRS, sometimers or ????

>On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Jon Elson <el...@pico-systems.com> wrote:
>> Rainer Schmidt wrote:
>>> Dumb question.... I have not found an explanation so I decided to out
>>> myself als noob here...
>>>
>>> Once in a blue moon I am having that 'unexpected realtime error
>>> blablabla' and cant pin point it. I ran the diagnostics for two days
>>> with and without SMI and once in a while it still rears it's ugly
>>> head. Once in a while means every other day. Maybe... All runs smooth
>>> and pretty. The steppers are performing flawless...
>>
>> When it happens, open a terminal window and type :
>> dmesg
>>
>> near the bottom, you will see more complete info, most especially there
>> will be lines that read roughly
>>
>> The last several times the runtime was xxxx, xxxx, xxxx, xxxx
>> this time it was yyyy
>>
>> Compare the xxxx's to the yyyy.  If yyyy is vastly greater than xxxx,
>> then you do have a problem.
>> For instance, if xxxx numbers are running around 25000 and yyyy is
>> 17000000, this is an enormous extra delay.
>>  From 25 microseconds to 17 MILLIseconds.  I have seen this on one of my
>> test machines that is not used to run an actual machine.
>> I think it is due to an extra network card, and it is somewhat rare, and
>> diesn't interfere with motor and drive testing.
>>

>> Jon

Cheers, Gene
When I woke up this morning, my girlfriend asked if I had slept well.
I said, "No, I made a few mistakes."
                -- Steven Wright