Terry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to turn one of my screws and watch the screen-
> the DRO is much,much greater than the amount the machine
> moved.

It would be helpfull to know what "much much" is.  Put a ruler on the
machine table, move the axis 1 inch by the DRO, and see how much it
moved on the ruler (or vice versa - move 1" on the ruler and see how
much the DRO says it moved).

The error ratio is probably a clue to the nature of the problem - for
example, Seb mentioned a possible cause that would give you exactly a
4:1 ratio.

Regards,

John Kasunich