On Tue, 2009-06-02 at 20:49 +0200, Sasa Vilic wrote:
> I have modified THC control, to support turning off thc with check box in
> pyvcp. I have done it by adding a two new And components. For every "And"
> componentt, the first input parameter is input from parallel port and the
> second parameter is value of check box. So, if check box is unchecked, the Z
> axis will not react on inputs. (I know that this could be done with Corner
> height lock, but this way is faster for machine operator to do it)
>
> The question is: Is it possible to control this second parameter from cnc
> code, instead from check box? This could be usefull because my code
> generator coud detect extremly sharp corner, or small radius and trough cnc
> code turn off and turn on thc, and release operator of such borring job :-).
>
> Thank you
>
> Sasa Vilic

This may help:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//gcode_main.html#sec:M100-to-M199:

I use M10x to set hal pins for my collet closer and cutoff slide:
http://www.wallacecompany.com/cnc_lathe/HNC/emc2/nc_files/

You can also set hal pins in g-code with:
http://www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//gcode_main.html#sec:M62-to-M65:
--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html