That script will only work on a tool change. I don't think there is a
way of running a script from M0 or M1.

Tim, is the weld line straight or a complicated shape? If I was doing it
I think I would write a script to do all of it and bypass the g-code
completely. Another alternative would be to write a script that grabs
the current torch positions then generates a complete g-code program
that you can then run.

Les