Rondal Nannie wrote:
> Gene  I went in and changed it so that it would boot the cd first. It started
> to load the cd and about 3/4 into it ,it failed to load. This happened
> several times.Thanks for the reply  Ron

You must have 256 MB of memory.  For some reason, a vew machines seem to
need a little more.  Also, you need somewhere around 3-4 GB of hard
drive.  If either is in too short supply, the install will grind to a
halt, often without any error message.  There are a few graphics cards
that are not compatible, and also you need about 4 MB of memory on the
graphics card.  It will get to a certain place in the install and croak
when it tries to configure the graphics.

There is an Ubuntu hardware compatibility list that you can check to
make sure your graphics is on the good list.

Jon