On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:

> Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:40:23 -0600
> From: Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] HAL setup of Mesa 4i65
>
> Peter C. Wallace wrote:
>> On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
>>> The driver looks for boards with the Device ID of the PCI9030
>>> (10b5:9030) and the Subsystem ID of the 5i20 (10b5:3131) or 4i65
>>> (10b5:3132).
>>>
>>> Any 9030's lacking these Subsystem IDs will be ignored by the driver.
>>
>> Which is very puzzling, how can the driver load with these crazy BARs?
>
> In Dave Camarillo's situation, the hm2_pci driver loads but does not
> initialize any boards.  It's happy at load-time because it doesnt make
> any expectations about what boards to expect -- it uses the PCI hotplug
> system to learn about boards, and it's happy waiting for boards to appear.
>
> This may not be the right design decision, but that's how it currently
> works.

OK that makes a little more sense, So it looks more and more like a disabled
EEPROM or corrupted EEPROM image.

Dave: In this case the easiset thing would be to return the card or run the
EEPROM initialization batch file (DOS only) in the 4I65 distribution,
(4I65EED.BAT) this requires the 9030EEP.EXE utility.

>> I am going to try a 4I65 in my test setup later today (later than I thought
>> --
>> sheep emergency...)
>
> I think i'll duck out of any sheep-related activities  ;-)

I wish I could have but a dog dug under our fence last night and attacked one
of our "lawnmower" sheep so we were off to the feed and seed for Betadine and
Pen-G :-(

> --
> Sebastian Kuzminsky

Peter Wallace