On Tuesday 17 November 2009, Dave wrote:
>If you want to cheat on the orifice drilling  - consider using a mig
>welder tip - a common Tweco tip comes in a .024 size and I have used
>that in a waste oil burner as an air jet.  I soldered the tip into the
>ID of a piece of 1/4" copper tubing.   Works great - and no small hole
>drilling.  Want less of a hole?  Perhaps smacking the tip with a hammer
>would work to compress the hole in the copper tip.
>
>Dave

Dave, Erik:

I don't know how its going to work just yet, but see my web page at
<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/emc> and look for the *mister.png's I just
took, and cropped down to only 1/10th of the frame the camera took, I wasn't
able to convince it to focus any closer than about 7".  I also didn't get it
well centered in that little block of brass either.  And I need to drill a
mounting hole, or just go ahead and attach a 1/4" tube to the angled pipe and
mount that similarly to the current blow only rig which is strung thru a
large electrical lug on the side of the mill's head housing.

The straight thru that ends in the 1/16" OD is a tight friction fit, so the
projection can be fiddled with.

The oil reservoir will be a $12.95 air filter, with the oil hose attached to
the 'automatic' drain valve, and the air hose output will go on through to
the angled air feed pipe.  I haven't been to the grocery store for some
Safflower oil yet.

The soldering isn't my usual quality, I seem to have miss-placed my little
tin of resin soldering flux that makes sweat soldering so easy. A eutectic
blend with 3% silver, it should be strong enough though.

--
Cheers, Gene

<JHM> Somehow I have more respect for 14 year old Debian developers than
     14 year old Certified Microsoft Serfs.