On the tlo_all_axes branch there are several commits to ioControl.cc
which are the relevant ones for reading/writing the new files.

I used 'gitk origin/tlo_all_axes ^origin/master' to see commits that are
on the tlo_all_axes branch but not on master.

Then I just scanned the commit messages shown in the listing area, and
found these:
f2e541a145    Reading new type tool table
9f7db4d0c5    Saving tool table in a new unified format
6b3b22264c    Ignore invalid lines in tool table
among others.

gitk is a separate package to install (called gitk); I find it very
useful.

Jeff