I've got a pressure sensor that I'd like to use as a probe.  The sensor
has a value from 0 - 1023 based on the amount of pressure applied.  The
sensor is read by a microcontroller and the microcontroller can generate
a pwm signal based on the sensor value.  I was thinking that EMC2 could
read in the PWM signal and reconvert the PWM signal back to a number
from 0 - 1023 which could then be fed into a comparator in HAL to
generate the probe signal.  I think doing it this way would allow me to
vary the trip point by varying the comparator input.

The only two ways I have figured out how to get an analog value into
EMC2 through a parallel port is either PWM input or pulsing an input pin
at a frequency and having an encoder trigger off the pulses and read the
velocity from the encoder.  Maybe I am making this too complicated and
there is a simpler way?

Thanks!