I guys

I see on some articles like this one :
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/IO-Port-Programming.html#ss6.1
that the 8 data lines D0->D7 on a modern parallel port can be configured either
as outputs (the way EMC use it) or inputs.

In the machine I'm bulding, I need some inputs to control the process
(applying glue on photovoltaic panels)
I planned to add a second parallel port card, but the fact is, with only five
input lines like EMC use it, I need to add a third parallel card...
That sounds stupid, because I've far enought outputs with the 12 lines on the
firt port.

The question is : as the data lines on a EPP port can be configured as inputs,
can that be done with EMC ? And if yes, how ?

I've read some about // port in the wiki but found nothing...