On 27 February 2010 23:33, Frank Tkalcevic <fr...@franksworkshop.com.au> wrote:

> Can this be done in Gcode?  I can't see how to get the current machine
> position in gcode.

I found a clunky way to do it by using G92 X0 Z0 then reading the
offsets stored in #5211 and #5213.

This assumes you want the current relative (working) coordinates. If
the absolute coordinates are better then you can use G28.1 to store
the current position in #5161-#5166.

It might be possible to connect some HAL variables to a pair of
analogue input virtual pins to read them with M6. I haven't looked
into that as currently the G92 way works well enough for my purposes.

--
atp