Thanks for the reply.  Not quite what I was looking for though (I think).  I
do use G43 when I change tools.  I was looking for a more automated way of
measuring the tool offsets for lathe tools.  I use an AXA quick change tool
holder that is subject to rotating each time a smash the tool into the chuck
(happens too often).  I need a convenient way to recalibrate the tools after
a crash.