On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 19:04 -0700, a...@conceptmachinery.com wrote:

> Very similar task. In case for UAV + EMC2 need to compare digital picture.
> So, can EMC2 really be used for security purpose, and how do that?
> I think today and in the future UAV or unman reconnaissance/surveillance
> remote control device can be very good business.
> EMC2 for reconnaissance can be call EMC3.

The NIST has been very active in the development of software for
unmanned vehicles.  Much of the real-time work that enabled the EMC has
been used in this work as well.  A quick search for "NIST unmanned
vehicle" will get you a pretty extensive list of literature on the
subject.

There has been quite a bit of divergence between the path taken by EMC
and it's emphasis on machine tool control and these other programs.

Rayh