Dave pravi:
> In my experience with steppers that are running on the edge
> (mechanically or electrically), they almost never lose steps the same
> amount in both directions.
>
> Best thing I can think of doing is to put a 1" dial indicator on the
> questionable axis,  write a test program or better yet, patch an
> existing one, so the axis deflects the indicator and pauses there,  then
> goes away from the indicator and runs a lengthy program away from the
> indicator then have it come back and touch the indicator at the end of
> the run.  If you do that right, you can loop the program and let it run
> for a while, if anything is out of wack, that will show up as a changing
> indicator position.
>
> You can work the home thing out also, but the dial indicator thing is is
> a lot more flexible IMO and works on almost all machines..
>
> If your machine is way out of wack, be careful how you mount your
> indicator so it doesn't get wiped out if the machine is erractic.
>
> Dave

For now my machine work o.k. But in very rare case I got small error and
wan't to know when.
I'm talking for drilling PCB for example.
When you drill PCB and got somewhere error for example 0.5mm or 1mm it's
invisible for naked eye. But if after drilling I send machine to gome
position and get home difference then board can be assumed junk. As I
say for now I just check coupler's. And Y coupler is burried in machine
and the Y axis is problematic one. I got random error in rare case..
maybe 1 error per month. But wan't to know when hit's me. If I make
check with dial indicator's then all is ok.
As I home machine when clamping work that solution can be just fine.

I just wonder why every time I post something here got feedback (that's
not good, just use this and .., you don't need that.. etc etc...) and
near none gave solution?

Seem's that I'm not alone. The Bernhard Kubicek write nice filter option
and was included in git and working few days after that was cripled and
doesn't work any more. The problem is posted but noone wan't to correct.

Slavko.