On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 07:07 -0400, Mark Wendt (Contractor) wrote:
... snip
> Problem is, those treadmill motors are almost impossible to find
> anymore, unless you happen to stumble across a parking lot full of
> used treadmills.  Surplus Center hasn't had them in stock for almost
> a year now.
>
> Mark

I haven't had to buy any recently, but it sure seems like they are
scarce. Dumpsters and trash day cruising seem to be the best source for
these now. The windmill people have driven the prices up on eBay.

Some of the RC people make there own out-runner motors. Some of these
motors get up to 2 kW. Shaft sensors would be needed for our
application.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/index.html