Hello, guys!

I am experimenting with G-code output from my CAM application for EMC.
I used this CAM programm for my old controls on waterjet machine and
now I would like to keep it also for EMC.

The question is - where and how to specify the amount of compensation
to be applied with G41 and G42? The CAM program automatically inserts
appropriate G41 or G42 before each block of G01/G02/G03 moves and
issues G40 after that. I just don't get, where the size of tool (in my
case - radius of water jet) is specified?

I was searcing the web, but all the places I looked are basically
talking about the difference between G41 and G42 - which is left, and
which is right side, and that they do not work in canned cycles and
some other stuff. I looked also in EMC2 G-code reference page, where
G41 and G42 commands are explained, but it also does not explain.
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode_main.html#sec:G41,-G42

Is there a way to specify the tool radius as a variable in the same
line with G41 or G42? I think that this would be the most convinient
way for me, because then I can save the syntax of whole G41 or G42
line in my CAM program so that I do not have to edit file by hand and
also that would allow me from time to time adjust this number to meet
exact size of water jet - nozzle wears out and I have to adjust to
that.

with best regards,
Viesturs