From: "Viesturs Lācis" <viesturs.la...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 30, 2010 14:25
Subject: [Emc-users] Compiling EMC2 on Lucid
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

YAY! I can report on successful compiling EMC 2.5~pre on Lucid!

2010/6/30 Jeff Epler <jep...@unpythonic.net>:
> For a run-in-place build of emc2, you can
>    make install-menus
> to put items in the Applications > CNC menu.
>
> I'm not sure this is documented anywhere; please feel free to improve
> the wiki by mentioning it.
>
> As far as I recall, this capability is new in emc2.4.

I did NOT use
--enable-run-in-place

with this command
$ ./configure

So with my non-existing experience in compiling application from
source I expected EMC2 to be now just as if it was installed from deb
package - placed in home/waterjet/emc2 folder and also in
"Applications" menu.

Anyway, I figured out solution - I created a folder of my own config
in /emc2-dev/configs and at EMC startup I created a shortcut on
desktop.

Is there a simple way, how I can create .deb or some other package so
that I can get EMC in a little-bit easier way than recompiling it?
I am asking it, because I am confident that I will have to reinstall
Lucid, before I get my waterjet machine set up properly, including
building a proper controlling PC.

Viesturs