On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:25:46PM +0300, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
> YAY! I can report on successful compiling EMC 2.5~pre on Lucid!
>
> 2010/6/30 Jeff Epler <jep...@unpythonic.net>:
> > For a run-in-place build of emc2, you can
> >    make install-menus
> > to put items in the Applications > CNC menu.
> >
> > I'm not sure this is documented anywhere; please feel free to improve
> > the wiki by mentioning it.
> >
> > As far as I recall, this capability is new in emc2.4.
> >

> I did NOT use
> --enable-run-in-place
>
> with this command
> $ ./configure

oh .. my mistake and old habits.  --enable-run-in-place is now the
default; you get it unless you specify --prefix.

so make install-menus should work for you.

> Is there a simple way, how I can create .deb or some other package so
> that I can get EMC in a little-bit easier way than recompiling it?
> I am asking it, because I am confident that I will have to reinstall
> Lucid, before I get my waterjet machine set up properly, including
> building a proper controlling PC.

debian/configure sim; dpkg-buildpackage

note that this will require that you also add packages related to
building the pdf documentation.

Jeff