There was extensive discussions about jogging and tool touching during pause
or tool change. I did not follow all of it. I wonder if it is possible with
a touch probe installed to have a probe action programmed after each tool
change in order to set the new tool length, without using the tool table and
preset tool holders? I do not have a large number of pre-setable tool
holders for all my machines and therefore would like to be able to change
tools and set them during one cnc run.

I have looked at the modified hal_manualtoolchange.py method (by Les
Newell), but do not know how to effect such a change to try it out. Just
editing the script does not work. Can someone please describe a few steps to
effect such a change for testing purposes or direct me to some background
info on it? I have GIT loaded, but am not having much success applying it
and being able to run emc2 with the changes in place.

My HERMLE conversion is about finished and so far EMC2 has performed very
ell and reliably on it.

Rudy