On 12 August 2010 08:21, Rudy du Preez <r...@asmsa.co.za> wrote:

> Thanks for your advice and links to the solutions. I tried some of these
> last night on my little converted EMCO F1 mill
> The  file calls can probably be inserted automatically by my CAM
> post-processor. I will try to add that to the PP.

If you are feeling experimental:
I think you could allocate your init and probe G-code routines to
MDI_COMMAND pins (which can be subroutine calls)
Then, in HAL with an edge-detector on iocontrol.0.tool-changed you
could call the routines auomatically after a toolchange.

 You might want to set it up so it is only active in auto-mode too.
(and2 the edge with halui.program-is-running perhaps)

Note that I have not tried this and it is pure speculation. Caveat Coder.

--
atp