My mill is currently controlled by the Axis UI and emc2 2.4.3.  My
current config is here:
<http://git.highlab.com/?p=emc2-config-bp-r2e3.git;a=tree>

I've got a jogwheel on the control panel, but not much else.  The jog
wheel is hooked up by the "axis-jogwheel.hal" file in the git repo above.

I'd like to add a pair of rotary switches to the control panel for
jogging, to select which axis to jog and the jog increment.  I'm not
sure how to make these switches interact gracefully with Axis' jogging
features.

I currently have axisui.jog.* hooked to axis.*.jog-enable,
axisui.jog.increment hooked to axis.*.jog-scale, and the jogwheel's
encoder counts hooked to axis.*.jog-counts (the details are all in
axis-jogwheel.hal).  So Axis controls what axis will be jogged and by
how much, and the jogwheel makes the jog happen.  This works great!

I think i can see how to disconnect Axis and connect a couple of rotary
switches instead.  The axis selection switch would make the selected
axis.*.jog-enable True and make the others False.  The jog increment
switch would address a mux to output the desired jog increment to all
the axis.*.jog-scale pins.  The jogwheel stays connected just like now.

  But i'm not sure how Axis will behave if I hook things up like this...

Can i still jog with Axis, using the keyboard?

Will Axis jog the axis it selects with the jog increment it selects, and
the jogwheel jog with the axis and jog increment selected by the rotary
switches on the control panel?

Does Axis not use the axis.* pins to jog?  What's going on here?  I'm
confused...

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky