Hey Kirk:

  I used to work at a large optical lab. I'm not sure it's as off topic as you
might think. There are papers out there describing how to control glass removal
by nature of the stroke and grit. This requires a multi-axis machine. A rotary
table, and variable radius of curvature 'tile tool' affixed to an X Y stage. A
system perfect for EMC-2. And ... one of these lifetimes, I have every
intention of making one given how many hours I spent on the prototype, I know
JUST how to do it better this time. And yes, EMC2 has done such a great job on
my Bridgeport, I'm sold on it for all my tool automation needs.

Andrew