Igor Chudov wrote:
> Jon, is this ebay encoder compatible with your PPMC?
>
> And is Digikey item GH6101-ND compatible with PPMC?

It should be.

You will need pull-up resistors on the two encoder lines, I think the
datasheet says to use 3.9k or something.  I have used the GH6102 before,
which is the same thing with 32 counts/rev instead of 16.  These
encoders have 1/4" shafts which can take more or less any standard
potentiometer knob.

- Steve