Hi

On my lathe, I have completely changed the tool change behaviour,
removed the AXIS dialog from the module and just implemented tool number
updating via AXIS.

In doing so I found that the tool change dialog is displayed by
hal_manualtoolchange, which is a python module and as such is directly
editable within the EMC file tree.

It uses TKInter libraries and looks like TkInter dialogs just need :-

'dialogname'.initial_focus.focus_set()
and
'dialogname'.grab_set()

to grab focus and become modal dialogs.

I'll try this on my small mill when I get a chance, but if anyone else
gets there first, happy hacking

Schooner