I've been slowly configuring my new PC to take over the reins of
running my machine, and noticed a minor gotcha in Stepconf.  This is
off the latest Live CD - Ubuntu 10.04 and EMC2 v2.4.3.  When the 2nd
parallel port is activated in the wizard, the "in" or "out selection
results in the opposite selected in the hal file.  In other words, if
you select "in" you get "out" and if you select "out" you get
"in".  Not sure if it does that for the third parallel port, because
I didn't check that one.

Mark