Steve Blackmore wrote:
> Is there any documentation for
>
> spindle-rpm-filtered ??
>
> Saw it in on page 105 of the Integrator manual but can't find any other
> reference in any of the manuals/
>
> I hope it's what I need to stabilise the very twitchy speed display on
> my panel.

Here's what I did :

# spindle speed display
net spinraw    ppmc.0.encoder.04.delta conv-s32-float.0.in
net spinfloat  conv-s32-float.0.out mult2.0.in0
setp   mult2.0.in1 185.185185            # (60/encoder count/rev)
net rawSpindleRPM mult2.0.out => lowpass.1.in
setp lowpass.1.gain 0.02
newsig  SpindleRPM float
linkps lowpass.1.out => SpindleRPM

Now, in this case, the spindle encoder is connected to an encoder input
channel on
my ppmc boards.  I convert an integer encoder raw counts per servo cycle
output
to floating point with conv-s32-float, multiply by a constant calculated
to give the right spindle speed,
and then feed that to lowpass to filter the jumps out.

If you need help with the other parts like loading the hal components,
let me know.

Jon