On 29 September 2010 09:32, Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net> wrote:

> I'll try stepconf again, see if it's improved any and put's the other
> required half in the hal file..

I would be surprised if it did.

There was also a fatal flaw in the hal code I posted; no source for
the speed signal.

Just put the various lines in your HAL file. Put the loadrt and addf
lines with the similar lines in the file, then put the rest anywhere
you want.

this line:
net spindle-rpm-unfiltered => lowpass.0.in

Has a bit missing, it ought to read
net spindle-rpm-raw encoder.0.velocity => lowpass.0.in

(assuming that the spindle speed is the velocity output of encoder.0)
It is worth noting that "spindle-speed-raw" could just as easily be
"sig2", "linux_ftw" or anything else that makes most sense to you.

--
atp