At 02:27 PM 10/30/2010, you wrote:
>Hello Steve, hello Mark,
>how about a dictionary for non-US-slang people?
>
>Yappadappa doo
>Peter Blodow

Hi Peter,

         Ah yes, the old cousins separated by a common language
thing.  How in the world do y'all survive?  ;-)  A doohickey, a
whatchamacallit, or a thingamajig are three words that describe the
exact same thing.  That thing, which we usually can't remember the
correct name for, can be called any of the above three words.  Of
course, a few choice 4-letter words which may come to mind when said
doohickey, whatchamacallit, or thingamajig isn't working quite right
are also apropos, as is sometimes throwing said doohickey against the
veritable brick wall.

         I leave the rest to your imagination.

Mark