On 11/5/2010 5:03 PM, Ulf Dambacher wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I just re-assembled my maho 800 with a new hmi and now I have a strange
> problem:
>
> I can activate emc, but while I activate the machine, activate the
> motion controllers  and do some hand jogging, the process gets stuck,
> monitor gets dark and it looks like the computer is stuck, graphics card
> and keyboard are constantly re-initializing.

Hi, Ulf.

Perhaps you've already tracked down the cause of your problem, but
another possibility came to me today.

I plugged a vacuum cleaner into a convenient outlet in the basement.
When I turned it on, the overhead light dimmed slightly. It seems they
were on the same mains circuit. Including whatever else is on that
circuit, enough current was being drawn when I added the vacuum cleaner
to cause a perceptible power sag.

Is there any possibility your computer is experiencing a power sag when
you activate your machine?

Regards,
Kent