Well, I could use some help fellows! My slow motion Hardinge CHNC
project just got speeded up with the demise of the spidle motor on my
Pratt and Whitney lathe. What I have got is a stripped machine, the
resolvers have been replaced with encoders on the X and Z axiis and new
cables pulled through to the connection area on the back of the X
axis.Both cables are shielded and drained 6 twisted pair for a total of
12 leads per cable. Questions:Can I run the axis encoder in the same
cable as the turret encoder? The turret runs at 12Volts logic, will this
cause any crosstalk? How did Hardinge do threading with a resolver on
the spindle? I cannot find an index mechanism or any extra leads that
would go to one. The spindle resolver is still in place but can be
replaced easily with an encoder with index. The plan is to fit this all
up with Pico Systems PWM controller which I have at hand and if needs be
I have an extra Par port card for extra I/O.  Ed.