On 11/19/2010 09:28 AM, Don Stanley wrote:
> Hi All;
> My configuration is:
> -D510MO computer.
> -Ubuntu 10.04 and EMC2 2.4.5.
> -Pico Systems USC in non servo mode.
>       Plan to go servo and HOME-USE-INDEX after Homing is working.
> -Limit switches only (used for homing).
>
> I am having several problems with Homing as follows:
>
> 1- I want to home the Y (axis 1) at the Max end to avoid the
> chance of the vice ramming the Z axis ways. This Homes fine but
> always moves to the 0 position to finish the Home, defeating the
> purpose.

I'm not sure what INI settings you had when you observed this behavior,
but here's how I think you should accomplish what you're wanting:

# tell emc2 that the Y home switch is at the positive end of the Y axis
HOME_OFFSET = 10.7

# tell emc2 to stay at the positive end of the Y axis after finding the
home switch
HOME = 10.7

See section 0.1.3.6 and 0.1.3.7 of the Homing Configuration document:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.4/html/config_ini_homing.html

> 2- I tried moving the Y (axis 1) Home to the Negative end but
> this ignores the limit switch and stalls at the mechanical stop.
> The Home settings for this:
> MIN_LIMIT =               0.0
> MAX_LIMIT =              10.7
>
> #HOME_SEARCH_VEL    =   -1.0
> #HOME_LATCH_VEL     =   -0.1
> #HOME_FINAL_VEL     =    1.0
> HOME_SEARCH_VEL    =   -0.05
> HOME_LATCH_VEL     =   -0.005
> HOME_FINAL_VEL     =    0.05
> HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =    YES
> #HOME_USE_INDEX     =    YES
> HOME_USE_INDEX     =    NO
> HOME_OFFSET        =   -0.08
> #HOME               =   10.7
> HOME               =    0.0
> #HOME_SEQUENCE      =    0

I don't know about this one.

Are you sure the limit switch is tripping (use halscope to look at the
input pin while homing).

> 3- The X and Z axis Home fine but stop the homing
> process with a EXCEEDED SOFT LIMITS error.
> Also the final "HOME = " setting is move to before the
> axis position is zeroed and the Home indicator is turned on.
>
> Their Home settings follow:
> MIN_LIMIT =               0.0
> MAX_LIMIT =              23.65
>
> #HOME_SEARCH_VEL    =   -1.0
> #HOME_LATCH_VEL     =   -0.1
> #HOME_FINAL_VEL     =    1.0
> HOME_SEARCH_VEL    =   -0.05
> HOME_LATCH_VEL     =   -0.05
> HOME_FINAL_VEL     =    0.1
> HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =    YES
> #HOME_USE_INDEX     =    YES
> HOME_USE_INDEX     =    NO
> HOME_OFFSET        =   -0.1
> HOME               =    0.0
> #HOME_SEQUENCE      =   2

Before you are homed, soft limits are ignored (since emc2 doesn't know
where you are in relation to the axis soft limits).  As soon as you find
the home switch, the axis is set to the HOME_OFFSET value of -0.1, which
is outside your soft limit of 0.0, and the machine faults.

> MIN_LIMIT =             -14.1
> MAX_LIMIT =               0.0
>
> #HOME_SEARCH_VEL    =    1.0
> #HOME_LATCH_VEL     =    0.01
> #HOME_FINAL_VEL     =    1.0
> HOME_SEARCH_VEL    =    0.05
> HOME_LATCH_VEL     =    0.005
> HOME_FINAL_VEL     =    0.05
> HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =    YES
> #HOME_USE_INDEX     =    YES
> HOME_USE_INDEX     =    NO
> HOME_OFFSET        =    0.05
> HOME               =    0.0
> #HOME_SEQUENCE      =    1

This has the same problem as the X axis above.  HOME_OFFSET must be
inside the soft limits.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky