(I added the emc list back into the recipients list.)

On 11/19/2010 02:51 PM, Don Stanley wrote:
> X (axis 0) ignores the limit switch when homing at the + end.
> Y and Z ignores the limit switch when Homing at the - end.
> The limit switch is recognised and displayed in the axis preview
> display, but
> the motion continues on beyond the switch to the mechanical stop.

What do you mean the limit switch is displayed in axis?

How far is it from the home switch to the hard stop?  Could it be your
accel is so low that it can't stop in time?

> The X settings follow:
> HOME_SEARCH_VEL    =    0.05
> HOME_LATCH_VEL     =    0.005
> HOME_FINAL_VEL     =    0.1
> HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =    YES
> #HOME_USE_INDEX     =    YES
> HOME_USE_INDEX     =    NO
> #HOME_OFFSET        =   -0.1
> HOME_OFFSET        =    23.65
> HOME               =    0.0
> #HOME_SEQUENCE      =    2

These settings mean:

* move @ 0.05 in the positive direction until the home switch trips
* move @ 0.05 in the negative direction until the home switch releases
* move @ 0.005 in the positive direction until the home switch trips
again, call that place 23.65
* move @ rapid speed to 0.0

Is that not what it's doing?

Can you observe the hal signal representing the X home switch and verify
that it's got the right polarity, and that it trips at the right time?

>     # tell emc2 that the Y home switch is at the positive end of the Y
>     axis
>     HOME_OFFSET = 10.7
>
>     # tell emc2 to stay at the positive end of the Y axis after
>     finding the home switch
>     HOME = 10.7
>

> The Y (axis 1) returns to position 0 regardless of the setting of HOME
> = and stays.
> The example follows:
> HOME_SEARCH_VEL    =    0.05
> HOME_LATCH_VEL     =    0.005
> HOME_FINAL_VEL     =    0.2
> HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS =    YES
> #HOME_USE_INDEX     =    YES
> HOME_USE_INDEX     =    NO
> HOME_OFFSET        =   10.7
> HOME               =   10.7
> #HOME               =    0.0

Hm, that all looks right.

You know to exit emc2 and restart it for each .ini file change to take
effect, right?  (Sorry if you already know this...)

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky