On 12/07/2010 09:30 PM, Tom Easterday wrote:
> I want to be able to jog my machine a fixed small distance (.001") at a press
> of a button/arrow key/joystick.  Currently my joystick or arrow keys moves
> continuously, which is fine in some cases and not in others.  Is there a way
> to enable, say holding down button 4, on my joystick causes each jog to be a
> fixed distance?

Sure!

When axis.N.jog-enable is true, the motion controller responds to
changes in the value of axis.N.jog-counts by jogging the axis the
distance specified by axis.N.jog-scale.

So you might try something like this:

    * Set .jog-scale (on all axes) to +0.001 or -0.001 depending on
      whether a plus-direction or minus-direction button is pushed.
    * Set .jog-enable true on the one axis corresponding to the jog
      button pushed.
    * Use an encoder component in counter-mode to make a counter that
      increments whenever any of the "jog a fixed amount" buttons is pushed.

Untested!  But that's where I would start.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky