(Sorry for the top posting - I don't know how to tell my phone to do it right
:) )

The change Chris made basically compensated joint 2 for the rotation of joint
1.  This was necessary because the lower arm doesn't rotate when the upper arm
does, which is what genserkins expects.  Regardless of whether that change is
there, you should still get motion on both arms.

The updates to genserkins.[ch] allow you to "unrotate" a joint (relative to the
previous joint) by setting a new HAL parameter (unrotate) to +-1 (other values
are also possible, but are far less likely to be useful).

As for a solution - have you used halscope to be sure that there are no
commands being output from motion?  They may be getting lost somewhere in HAL,
not going to the right output, etc.

- Steve