I have to move the finger and hand axes while the wrist axis moves to be
able maintain orientation.
I tried this without the multiple subtraction line but was unable to hold
the hand orientation while the wrist moved.

(this is my main problem)
I could not cause any change in robot motion no matter what I did to the
kinematics file. It seems as if I am not using the correct
kinematics/directory. If I could see some effect I could work with this to
get what I want.

  This probably is the same as Steve's.

thanks
Stuart