I have, on my mill, a 3 phase spindle motor on a VFD, driving the spindle
with a VS belt.

I also have an encoder on the spindle.

I wonder if, for any kind of a yet-unknown purpose, I would want to orient
my spindle in a particular way with precision.

If I did want that, could I buy some kind of a AC servo drive or something
like that, and use encoder feedback to orient my spindle?

IOW, this hypothetical drive would be driving a completely regular 3 phase
AC motor.

thanks

just wondering