Hi,
I'm new to EMC2, so please help me correctly understand stepper setup. I
have DMM tech servos in step mode, 2000 steps per rev, Step Time is 2000 ns,
Step Space is 1000 ns, Dir Hold and Setup 10000 ns, Latency is 6500 ns.
Stepconf gives Min base period 15500 ns and Max Step rate 64516 Hz.
But calculating
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/uploads/StepTimingCalculator.odsgives
absolutely other values:
Recommended BASE_PERIOD  9500 ns, and let's say Actual BASE_PERIOD is 12000
ns, then Maximum step rate is 41667 steps/s.
Manual http://www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/motion_tweaking_steppers.html says
"two periods to make a step", but it seems that Stepconf calculates it
different way, or I just do not understand something?
Also, in Stepconf I set Driver microstepping to 1, is it correct?
Thanks,
Andrew