> [  511.117578] hm2_7i43: loading HostMot2 Mesa 7i43 driver version 0.3
> [  511.119728] hm2_7i43: /DONE is not low after CPLD reset!
> [  511.119801]  hm2_7i43.0: firmware: requesting hm2/7i43/SVST4_4S.BIT
> [  511.125456] hm2_7i43: /DONE is not low after CPLD reset!
> [  511.125484] hm2/hm2_7i43.0: failed to reset fpga, aborting hm2_register
> [  511.125498] hm2_7i43.0: board at (ioaddr=0x0378, ioaddr_hi=0x0778,
> epp_wide ON) not found!

> It isD525 board, LPT port is enabled and set to EPP in BIOS.
> /proc/ioports has this line:
> 0378-037a : parport0
> And that tells me that parport address 0x0378 is correct.
>
> What am I missing here? What does it mean - "failed to reset fpga"?
> Also I am suspicious about "ioaddr_hi=0x0778". What does it mean?
The set of addresses 0x400 above the base address is used for the ports setup
registers

The /DONE not low usually means that the EPP port read failed
probably because of one of the following problems:

1. Port not really in EPP mode
2. Parallel port - 7I43 Cable not right
3. Port address wrong
4. 7I43 not set to parallel mode
5. No power or wrong 7I43 power

What exact motherboard mode do you have? I noticed someone on the forum with a
foxcon 525 board that had major screwups in the BIOs parallel port setup

> I have hostmot2-firmware-7i43-2 and hostmot2-firmware-7i43-4 packages
> installed in Synaptic package manager. Both of them are version 0.8

After you get over this first hurdle you need to know what size your 7I43 is
so you choose the correct firmware.

> Any ideas, where should I look?
>
> And one more question:
> My 7i43 board should take care of 6 stepper drives. How do I specify,
> which I/O pin of the 7i43 is step and which is dir pin for a
> particular joint? I have attached 7i42 board and have already wired
> the stepper drives. I am planning on attaching 7i37 card on the second
> 50-pin connector to provide inputs from homing switches.

The pinout is entirely determined by the bit file> this pinout is not
changeble without making a new bitfile (though this is fairly easy). The
assosciated .pin file lists the pinout as well, and you can get the driver
to list the pinout by specifying the debug option)

> Viesturs

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)