2011/5/21 Kent A. Reed <knbr...@erols.com>

> Andrew:
> True, true. But I note that the functions like pmQuatZyzConvert are
> marked "FIXME - - need direct equations"". In mathematics, the two
> approaches (one conversion or two concatenated conversions) are
> equivalent. In computer math, not so much. It may make no practical
> difference for Viesturs' application but I like the direct approach.
>
> I have seen those FIXME notes, but I believe that rotation matrix is very
"reliable" representation of rotation. I do not see another reasonable way
for the conversion. Last three years I work with vectors and matrices in
real earnest, but since I do not have _really serious_ background in math, I
might be wrong. If you have some other idea on that conversion, please share
it with us.

Andrew