Hi Seb,

If you have room for a relay or small contactor big enough to
operate the motor, then I'd vote for the classic latching circuit.

This has some examples, but it's in the form of a quiz:
http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/socratic/output/acmcc.pdf

That way lots of things can stop the motor, but if you want it to
start again, you have to go back to the start button. Very safe.
How much is the saw *with* the girl?

Kim