2011/7/1 Dave <e...@dc9.tzo.com>:
> I have used two different Sata compact flash adapters.
>
> 1.  About $40 each - Addonics - model ADSACF.   I bought several
> directly from their website.  Similar to this:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812174005&cm_re=sata_compact_flash_adapter-_-12-174-005-_-Product
> 2.  About $15 each Syba -
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186061&cm_re=sata_compact_flash_adapter-_-12-186-061-_-Product

I bought the cheapest CF SATA adapter
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/compact-flash-cf-to-sata-hdd-converter-11164

> Both work well.   The Addonics might be a higher quality unit but I have
> had both running in systems for over a year now.    I have one system
> that has been running the Addonics card and the memory card below for
> three years now.
>
> For memory, I tried a couple of different flash cards and found that
> these work well and I have used several with zero issues - about $18
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208340&cm_re=compact_flash_8gb-_-20-208-340-_-Product

and exacty the same Transcend 8GB x133 card on D525MW. Also works
well, but Ubuntu starts pretty slow.

Latency is near 8200 with HT disabled and isolcpus enabled, I expected
better resuts. Probably some BIOS settings might improve it a little?

Andrew